In Sovereign Self, Acharya Shunya shares a comprehensive guide to yoga’s most influential texts, making their profound teachings both accessible and immediately practical for modern seekers. Includes an audiobook-exclusive guided meditation session.
Unshackle your mind and claim your spiritual birthright of freedom, wholeness, and joy through the perennial wisdom of ancient yoga.
There’s a reason that the Vedas, a 5,000-year-old collection of celebrated verses from ancient India, have given rise to several world religions and influenced Western thinkers from Emerson to Ram Dass: they provide us with an accessible and effective path to liberation. With Sovereign Self, Acharya Shunya shares a groundbreaking guide to the wisdom of these classic texts so that each of us may emancipate ourselves from restrictive belief systems and discover our true nature—that which is always whole, joyful, and free.
As the first female lineage holder in a 2,000-year-old line, Shunya provides a rare opportunity to receive these authentic teachings from a genuine Vedic master—one with a distinctly down-to-earth, feminine flavor who never lets us forget that our humanity is to be embodied and enjoyed.
Throughout Sovereign Self, Shunya adeptly guides us through the core concepts and practices of the Vedas, demystifying and contextualizing sacred concepts for modern life. Here you’ll explore:
- Beginning the journey to radical self-acceptance—recognize your innate worth and wholeness
- How we create our own prisons of shame, compulsion, blame, and obsession—and how you can begin to break free
- Learning to embody personal autonomy in your life and relationships
- Clear advice from a Vedic master for avoiding countless obstacles on the path to liberation—from spiritual bypassing to the true meaning of “guru”
- Original meditations and contemplative practices taken directly from Shunya’s 2,000-year-old lineage
- How to wake up from being a “sleepwalker” and find authentic freedom
- Audiobook Exclusive: The Atmabodha Dhyanam meditation—a 28-minute guided session
Read by the author, this more-than-unabridged audiobook is filled with extemporaneous moments of insight and illumination from Shunya. Here is an essential guide to help you awaken your potential to be joyful, resourceful, abundant, limitlessly expansive, and sovereign.
|Contents||Digital Audio (24 hours, 33 minutes)|
100% Sounds True GuaranteeWe stand by our products. Learn more
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
We unconditionally guarantee your satisfaction with all Sounds True digital audio and video products and physical products for one year when purchased via our website. If a Sounds True product fails to meet your expectations for any reason, simply contact Sounds True Customer Service for a full refund. For items purchased from Sounds True that are manufactured by other companies, we indicate the refund period in the product description.
Please note: Due to credit card fraud protection policies, refund requests over 120 days from purchase date will be refunded via a paper check (in US dollars) and mailed to the billing address on file or applied as a credit on account.
All digital audio and video titles are also covered by a one year guarantee.
We'll keep you up-to-date on new books and courses, free teachings, podcasts, exclusive discounts, and more