Three Steps to Courage
Beloved Tibetan Buddhist teacher Pema Chödrön has a unique gift for helping those of all faiths to work with their most difficult inner and outer challenges. In this supportive series of talks, listeners will join her at her best—showing us the way back to our wisest and most heartful selves.
Here, Pema shares three simple, time-honored steps to practice when we are in pain or crisis:
- Finding the stillness and space within our inner storms so that we can act rather than react
- Using all of our felt experiences—positive and negative—as a direct path not only to immediate relief, but to real courage, nurtured through compassion
- Transforming our emotions and welcoming them as friends
Session 1: Refraining from Emotional Reactivity
- The three steps to courage
- Guided Practice: Feeling Our Feelings
- Facing debilitating insecurity and feeling with kindness
- "Recognition" and the ability to refrain
- Releasing our storylines and softening into experience
- Emotions and intimacy
- Melting the ice cube: becoming intimate with your experience
- The mindful gap, letting go, and clear seeing
- Q&A topics: holding space, recognizing wisdom, empathy, and basic goodness
- Working with grief and loneliness
- Courage, ignorance, and the "qualities" game
- Cultivating spaciousness with tonglen practice
- Q&A topics: karmic seeds, shenpa, patience, loneliness, optimism, regret, virtue, and the healing power of love
|Contents||3 CDs (3 hours, 25 minutes)||Audio Download (3 hours, 24 minutes)|
|Dimensions||5 1/2 x 4 3/4 inches|
100% Sounds True GuaranteeWe stand by our products. Learn more
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
We unconditionally guarantee your satisfaction with all Sounds True download and physical products for one year when purchased via our website. If a Sounds True product fails to meet your expectations for any reason, simply contact Sounds True Customer Service for a full refund. For items purchased from Sounds True that are manufactured by other companies, we indicate the refund period in the product description.
Please note: Due to credit card fraud protection policies, refund requests over 120 days from purchase date will be refunded via a paper check (in US dollars) and mailed to the billing address on file or applied as a credit on account.
All downloadable audio and video titles are also covered by a one year guarantee.
We'll keep you up-to-date on new books and courses, free teachings, podcasts, exclusive discounts, and more.