An Unparalleled Training in Mindfulness with Thich Nhat Hanh
When your body and mind work together as one, you are fully and naturally present in the moment. This is the essence of mindfulness practice—allowing us to touch the wonders of life in the here and now. Body and Mind Are One is at once a practical teaching series covering fundamental Buddhist principles for a joyful life and a living transmission of insight from beloved Zen master Thich Nhat Hanh, who has practiced, shared, and lived this profound wisdom for over seven decades.
Want to buy the CE credits only?
If you already purchased this title, you can purchase the CE credits separately.
NOTE: CE credits are available for US customers only.
- Summarize and practice the Buddha's exercises for mindful breathing
- Define the meaning of emptiness, impermanence, and interbeing
- Discuss the life-changing energies of mindfulness, concentration, and insight
- Practice touching the Buddha within you—nourishing the seeds of compassion and lovingkindness
- Define the Five Mindfulness Trainings as concrete guidelines for reducing suffering and increasing happiness and true freedom
Your Breath: The Bridge between Mind and Body
In our hectic modern world, many of us race from one to-do to the next, planning this and worrying about that. Thoughts and unconscious habits often consume us, numbing us to our true experience and to the suffering we create for ourselves and those around us. The Buddha taught how to break this cycle and come home to our bodies—and to the wonders of life found only in the present moment. Your breath is the key. On Body and Mind Are One, Thich Nhat Hanh teaches you the Buddha's exercises for using your breath to cease internal conflict, release tension and anxiety, and become aware of the conditions for happiness and freedom that are always available.
The Greatest of All Miracles
“Through mindfulness,” teaches Thich Nhat Hanh, “we can recognize the miracle of being alive, and that is the greatest of all miracles.” Experience the wise and healing presence of this unsurpassed teacher, as breath by breath, you follow his simple guidance into what he calls, “The Pure Land of the Buddha, the Kingdom of God, in the here and the now.”
- The life-changing energies of mindfulness, concentration, and insight
- Your presence, the greatest gift you can offer the world
- Being there: the first aim of meditation
- The meaning of emptiness, impermanence, and interbeing
- Touching the Buddha within you
- Transforming discrimination, fear, anger, and other inner afflictions
- Karma as actions of thought, speech, and body
- The Buddha's exercises for mindful breathing
- How to nourish the seeds of compassion and lovingkindness within you
- The Five Mindfulness Trainings as concrete guidelines for reducing suffering and increasing our happiness and true freedom