- The loon that wasn’t there
- Money is a story
- The evolution of value and the new Connection Economy
- Is your goal to be better or safer?
- What happens to competence in a changing world?
- Great companies make change for a living
- Would we miss you if you were gone?
- Making things without a map
- The Ellsberg Paradox
- How the lizard brain subverts our art
- “The answer is yes”
- Three ways to avoid making art
- Becoming “the best in the world”
- The power of stories
- “This might not work”
- Hope versus expectation
- Dealing with rejection
- What makes you a professional?
- All news is good news
- You don’t need great tools
- How you dance with “no”
- When your back is against the wall
- Embracing tension
- The person who fails the most will win
- Small leaps
- The value of “slightly original”
- Becoming an instigator
- Finite and infinite games
- Prajna: seeing the world as it is
- The comparison trap
- What does “just” mean?
- Using work as meditation
- Special snowflakes
- Unleash the demos
- On not scratching the itch
- Triggers and avalanches
- The hallway
- The brave leap
- Hotwash: seeking out generous skeptics
- “In between the panels” is where our best work takes place
- Go make a ruckus
Are You Ready to Raise a Ruckus?
You’re probably good at your job, maybe even great. But secretly, do you yearn to fly higher? To challenge the rules and surprise us with something remarkable? To instigate delight, connection, and real change? To choose better over safer?
Business and cultural visionary Seth Godin has transformed the terrain of marketing and commerce more than once. But many of his readers remain stuck in their own work lives. So what’s keeping us back?
“The problem isn’t a lack of knowledge or skill,” he’s realized. “The problem is fear.”
With Leap First, Seth Godin is here to help. This immersive audio program invites us to learn with him personally, unrehearsed and in the moment, as he shines a light for us, not with answers but with questions on the road to:
• Overcoming our instinctual resistance to risk and change
• Discovering our creative genius in the face of the empty page or whiteboard
• Finding the courage to share that work—with vulnerability, generosity, and results
Recorded in an intimate gathering of aspiring entrepreneurs, writers, and leaders, Leap First teaches us 49 essential principles, practices, and life lessons that have helped Seth the most in his own work and life.
More than an audiobook or keynote speech, each track here presents a carefully chosen catalyst intended to trigger our own passion and insight with each listening.
“It always feels too soon to leap. But you have to. Because that’s the moment between you and remarkable. I hope this helps you return to that edge. And then, to leap.”