100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
We unconditionally guarantee your satisfaction with all Sounds True products for one year when purchased via our website or catalog. If a Sounds True product fails to meet your expectations—for any reason—simply return it with receipt for a full refund. For items purchased from Sounds True that are manufactured by other companies, we indicate the warranty period in the product description.
Please note: Refund requests over 120 days from the purchase date will receive a check, as funds cannot be returned to the credit card due to fraud protection policies.
All downloadable audio and video titles are also covered by a one-year guarantee.
A Masterful Author and Jungian Analyst Examines the Qualities that Bring Meaning to Our Human Journey
What is it that brings meaning to your life? Our culture tells us to seek wealth, power, prestige, or even enrollment in someone else’s idea of a worthy cause—yet where do we turn when these myths fail to fulfill our need for purpose? “When the old stories and beliefs that once defined us have played out and grown exhausted,” teaches Dr. James Hollis, “our task is to access our inner compass, the promptings of the psyche that help us find our way through the complex thickets of choice.”
Investigate the Mystery of Your Existence Through the Portal of Depth Psychology
A Life of Meaning is a profound audio exploration of the nature of meaning and how we can orient toward it or away from it with the choices we make. Through examination of myth, literature, historical figures, and the wisdom of depth psychology, Hollis provides penetrating insight into the search for purpose. Here you’ll explore:
- How our story-seeking mind forms our sense of meaning from early experience
- Why these early stories inevitably fail as we are called to our own path
- Skillfully accessing the inner oracle of your dreams
- Shadow work—where we fear to tread, yet where our greatest treasures may be found
- Missing the mark—examining the archetype of the Seven Deadly Sins through a psychological lens
- Dispelling the “ghosts” that haunt our memories and possess our psyche
- Finding personal resilience in times of internal and external change
- Living more fully in the presence of our mortality
- Guidance for coming into alignment with your soul’s abiding quest for meaning at any stage of your life
Nobody else can provide you with a sense of meaning. Anyone who tries is attempting to enroll you in their own version. In A Life of Meaning, James Hollis offers no easy answers or feel-good certainties—instead, he shares his most valuable questions and reflections to help you find the courage, persistence, and inspiration to navigate your own odyssey. “It’s humbling work, this process of getting our lives back,” he teaches. “Yet I submit to you that's worth the price of the ticket, for in the journey our lives become ever more luminous.”
|Contents||8 CDs (8 hours, 17 minutes)|
|Dimensions||6 7/8 x 6 5/8 Inches|
|Contents||1 Audio Download (8 hours, 17 minutes)|
|Filetypes||MP3, ZIP, PDF|