Awaken Your Brain
- Describe three mechanisms of neuroplasticity
- Describe the reproductive advantages of social adaptations in hunter-gatherer bands
- Teach clients the three steps of internalizing positive experiences
- Teach clients five methods for stabilizing the neural substrate of mindful awareness
In the last few years, modern neuroscience has linked with ancient contemplative traditions to produce an unprecedented understanding of how your brain works—and what you can do to change your brain for the better.
With Awaken Your Brain, Dr. Rick Hanson invites you on a six-part journey to learn how to activate and strengthen the neural circuits that promote confidence, positive moods, resilience, loving-kindness, and inner peace.
Biologically, we have a “caveman brain” evolved for survival in a harsh, prehistoric world. To be happy and peaceful in modern life, we must teach the brain new ways of being—to break free of instinctual reactions that drive greed, aggression, and separation, and to center increasingly in contentment, caring, and insight.
Grounded in science, here are practical tools you can use in your daily life to “dial down” the circuits of stress, anger, and unhappiness—and build up the neural foundation of well-being, personal growth, and spiritual development.
Join Dr. Hanson for an in-depth exploration of:
- The Promise of Self-Directed Neuroplasticity—How to rewire your own brain from the inside out
- Taking in the Good—Defeating the brain’s innate negativity bias by weaving positive experiences into your brain and self
- From Reactivity to Inner Peace—Practices to disarm the fight-or-flight reflex, “stress-proof” your brain, and heal painful or traumatic experiences
- Steadying the Mind—How to strengthen the neural circuits of mindfulness for better attention and concentration, and deeper meditation, prayer, or yoga
- The Wolves of Love and Hate—Techniques to build empathy, dissolve anger, integrate compassion and assertiveness, and ride the roller-coaster of romance more gracefully
- The Enlightened Brain—How to transform the three fundamental motivational systems of your brain—Approach, Avoid, and Attach—so they are naturally grounded in fulfillment, inner strength, and love
See Return Policy
100% Sounds True GuaranteeWe stand by our products. Learn more
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
We unconditionally guarantee your satisfaction with all Sounds True download and physical products for one year when purchased via our website. If a Sounds True product fails to meet your expectations for any reason, simply contact Sounds True Customer Service for a full refund. For items purchased from Sounds True that are manufactured by other companies, we indicate the refund period in the product description.
Please note: Due to credit card fraud protection policies, refund requests over 120 days from purchase date will be refunded via a paper check (in US dollars) and mailed to the billing address on file or applied as a credit on account.
All downloadable audio and video titles are also covered by a one year guarantee.
We'll keep you up-to-date on new books and courses, free teachings, podcasts, exclusive discounts, and more.