Ambient Rhythmic Entrainment for Quieting Mental Noise and Chatter
Calm Your Mind guides you into the restful "almost asleep" state of consciousness. It helps to release the clutter of your thoughts and quiet internal noise, allowing your mind to open to new possibilities and alternative ways of thinking.
How the Brain Shift Series Works
The Strong Institute's sound therapies are based on extensive testing of current brainwave entrainment principles combined with traditional healing rhythms and musical instruments. Jeff Strong's methods have been clinically demonstrated to be effective in the treatment of ADD/ADHD, autism, depression, chronic anxiety, PTSD, insomnia, and other disorders. The Brain Shift series makes available the Institute's most popular acoustic therapy modalities to the general public.
How to Use
Brain Shift programs work best when played in an open-air setting rather than on headphones: on your home or office stereo, desktop or laptop computer, boom box, CD clock radio, iPod speaker dock, or on a portable music player with a built-in loudspeaker. If you use headphones, exercise special care: they block ambient sound and may provide more stimulation than you want!
The first time you use Calm Your Mind, your brain will need time to adapt to its effects. The benefits of this program will increase with regular use.
Track 1: Cleanse
Facilitates entry into a deeply meditative, near-sleep state between the upper-delta and middle-theta range.
How to use:
1. Choose an environment where you can be physically inactive and uninterrupted (disruptions will prevent entry into this deep relaxation state).
2. Play at a low volume level. You should barely be able to hear the rhythms.
3. Sit back, listen quietly, and allow your mind to wander.
4. Do not use while driving or in any other conditions that require wakeful attention.
Track 2: Clear
Designed to produce the same benefits as "Cleanse" (track 1), with a less stimulating musical texture and slightly faster tempo. Use this track if "Cleanse" feels too activating.
Track 3: Release
A 14-minute session for quick mental release of internal chatter. Brings your brain into a deeply relaxed but non-drowsy state (the middle-theta spectrum). The complexity of the rhythmic structures aids in dissipating mental clutter. Instruments: three Gonga hand drums.
How to use:
1. Begin playing it at low volume for 1-2 minutes, then carefully turn it down further until the rhythms fall just below your ability to perceive them.
2. You won't be able to consciously hear the music, but over the course of the full session and with repeated use, you'll feel its effect.
Note: This title is also available as part of Jeff Strong's complete 8-CD Brain Shift Collection.