Holding Nothing Back
A Poet's Guidance for the Practice of True Self-Expression
- Discuss the transformative journey of holding nothing back as a practice of truth and love.
- Define our soul's calling, or what we are called to do, and the call of the soul, or the continual call to aliveness.
- Discuss paradox: being alone and belonging, as well as effort and grace as the path of oneness.
- Define and discuss enthusiasm, obstacles, and sincerity as teachers on the transformative journey toward living an authentic life and awakening.
- Practice deepening the discussions with suggested reflection, writing exercises, storytelling, ritual and meditation.
All spiritual traditions affirm that fully participating in our own life is what allows us to find our place in the fullness and beauty of the world. As such, holding nothing back is less a forceful act of will and more a surrender into the current of life we are always in. In Holding Nothing Back, Mark Nepo invites us to enliven the one obligation we are born with: to be completely who you are. Our reward is nothing less than the realization that “all of life is in whatever moment we wake to.” Holding Nothing Back illuminates:
- The Fall into Life—our inevitable journey into what is real, and how we only find meaning through relationship
- Alone and Together—the paradox of being and belonging and how we need both solitude and community
- The Mystery of Transformation—staying true to the spirit within while the person carrying it keeps evolving
“To hold nothing back means staying committed to letting whatever we experience make its way in and letting whatever is in make its way out,” explains Nepo. “Holding nothing back means holding the intention to be an open vessel, in a daily way.” Here is his passionate call to each of us to find and befriend the quiet courage to bring all of who we are to every step we take through the miraculous world.
Excerpted from the full-length audio program Staying Awake.
|Contents||Digital Audio (2 hours, 27 minutes)|
100% Sounds True GuaranteeWe stand by our products. Learn more
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
We unconditionally guarantee your satisfaction with all Sounds True digital audio and video products and physical products for one year when purchased via our website. If a Sounds True product fails to meet your expectations for any reason, simply contact Sounds True Customer Service for a full refund. For items purchased from Sounds True that are manufactured by other companies, we indicate the refund period in the product description.
Please note: Due to credit card fraud protection policies, refund requests over 120 days from purchase date will be refunded via a paper check (in US dollars) and mailed to the billing address on file or applied as a credit on account.
All digital audio and video titles are also covered by a one year guarantee.
We'll keep you up-to-date on new books and courses, free teachings, podcasts, exclusive discounts, and more