Introduction to Internal Family Systems
A highly accessible introduction to a therapeutic approach that brings our inner “parts” into harmony and allows our core Self to lead
We’re all familiar with self-talk, self-doubt, self-judgment—yet most of us still view ourselves as if we have one uniform mind. Dr. Richard Schwartz’s breakthrough was recognizing that we each contain an “internal family” of distinct parts—and that treating these parts with curiosity, respect, and empathy vastly expands our capacity to heal.
Over the past two decades, Internal Family Systems (IFS) has transformed the practice of psychotherapy. With Introduction to Internal Family Systems, the creator of IFS presents the ideal layperson’s guide for understanding this empowering, effective, and non-pathologizing approach to self-discovery and healing. Here, Dr. Schwartz shares evidence, case studies, and self-care tools to help you:
- Shift from the limiting “mono-mind” paradigm into an appreciation of your marvelous, multidimensional nature
- Unburden your wounded parts from extreme beliefs, emotions, and addictions
- Demystify the most commonly misunderstood parts—the Exiles, Managers, and Firefighters
- Transform your most challenging parts from inner obstacles to invaluable allies
- Embrace the existence of innate human goodness—in yourself and others
- Connect with the true Self that is greater than the sum of your parts
|Contents||Digital Audio (4 hours, 3 minutes)|
100% Sounds True GuaranteeWe stand by our products. Learn more
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
We unconditionally guarantee your satisfaction with all Sounds True digital audio and video products and physical products for one year when purchased via our website. If a Sounds True product fails to meet your expectations for any reason, simply contact Sounds True Customer Service for a full refund. For items purchased from Sounds True that are manufactured by other companies, we indicate the refund period in the product description.
Please note: Due to credit card fraud protection policies, refund requests over 120 days from purchase date will be refunded via a paper check (in US dollars) and mailed to the billing address on file or applied as a credit on account.
All digital audio and video titles are also covered by a one year guarantee.
We'll keep you up-to-date on new books and courses, free teachings, podcasts, exclusive discounts, and more