The New Science of Narcissism
Cut Through the Noise Around Narcissism with the Leading Researcher in the Field
“Narcissism” is truly one of the most important words of our time—ceaselessly discussed in the media, the subject of millions of online search queries, and at the center of serious social and political debates. But what does it really mean?
In The New Science of Narcissism, Dr. W. Keith Campbell pulls back the curtain on this frequently misused label, presenting the most recent psychological, personality, and social research into the phenomenon.
Rather than pathologizing all behaviors associated with the label, Campbell reveals that not only does narcissism occur on a spectrum, but almost everyone exhibits narcissistic tendencies in their day-to-day behavior. Drawing from real-life incidents and case studies, The New Science of Narcissism offers tools, tips, and suggestions for softening toxically selfish behaviors both in yourself and others. Here you will discover:
- An exploration of personality disorders connected with and adjacent to narcissism
- Why minor narcissistic tendencies are common in most people
- The foundational difference between grandiose and vulnerable narcissism
- Different psychological models of personality and how they interpret narcissistic behaviors
- The “recipe” of mental and emotional traits that combine into narcissism
- How to identify when you’re in a relationship with a narcissist and what you can do about it
- Why the 21st century has seen the rise of a “Great Fantasy Migration” into evermore insular subcultures
- The connection between narcissistic tendencies and leadership
- Why “the audience in your pocket” of social media has exacerbated culture-wide narcissistic tendencies
|Hardcover Book||Paperback Book - Preorder (Available October 4, 2022)||eBook|
|Contents||Hardcover Book (304 pages)||Paperback Book (304 pages)||eBook (304 pages)|
|Filetypes||EPUB, MOBI, PDF, ZIP|
|Dimensions||6 x 9 inches||6 x 9 inches|
100% Sounds True GuaranteeWe stand by our products. Learn more
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
We unconditionally guarantee your satisfaction with all Sounds True download and physical products for one year when purchased via our website. If a Sounds True product fails to meet your expectations for any reason, simply contact Sounds True Customer Service for a full refund. For items purchased from Sounds True that are manufactured by other companies, we indicate the refund period in the product description.
Please note: Due to credit card fraud protection policies, refund requests over 120 days from purchase date will be refunded via a paper check (in US dollars) and mailed to the billing address on file or applied as a credit on account.
All downloadable audio and video titles are also covered by a one year guarantee.
We'll keep you up-to-date on new books and courses, free teachings, podcasts, exclusive discounts, and more.