Restoring the Warrior's Soul
The “warrior soul” is that part of us that wishes to serve with honor for a moral cause. Yet many of our veterans have returned from wars with no clear purpose or terms of victory, only to find themselves strangers in their own homeland. With Restoring the Warrior’s Soul, Dr. Edward Tick offers an audio program filled with practical guidance for veterans as well as their families and caregivers—so our warriors can heal from battlefield wounds and find honorable service in civilian life.
As veterans from a new generation come back from overseas, our culture's lack of resources for returning warriors has become a greater problem than ever. "Lifelong suffering after war is not inevitable," says Dr. Edward Tick. "But in our culture, we have unwittingly forced our veterans to carry the moral and social of burdens of warfare alone." On Restoring the Warrior's Soul, Dr. Tick offers tools for healing and guidance to help veterans cope with the life-changing effects of combat and find a new sense of peace and purpose.
Practical Wisdom for Healing the Wounds of War
What we call PTSD is just the latest name for a phenomenon warriors have dealt with since the dawn of time. Dr. Tick explores both the visible and invisible wounding of war, then draws upon both ancient and modern sources to show us a path for transformation, wholeness, and wisdom. In these six audio sessions, he outlines a road map for the returning warrior to find a new and honorable role in society, and carry forth their service into civilian life.
The warrior's journey touches us all, from those who serve to their families, neighbors, caregivers, and coworkers. "In a healthy society," say Dr. Tick, "each of us must understand our own role in the sacred contract between warriors and the culture they protect." With Restoring the Warrior's Soul, Dr. Tick provides invaluable guidance to everyone touched by war so we can create a culture that values our returning warriors with respect, dignity, and love.
- Why PTSD does not have to be a life-long disabling wound
- The Soldier's Heart, embracing the grief and heartbreak of war as proof of our fundamental humanity
- The spirituality of the warrior, how experience on the battlefield shapes our relationship with the divine
- Inspirational examples of healthy warrior-civilian relationships from indigenous cultures
- The warrior's story, how to create a welcoming environment for veterans to share their experiences and wisdom
- How post-traumatic stress can be a portal to growth
- Essential steps for healing the disturbed relationship between our society and our warriors
- Effective catharsis, guidance for cleansing the warrior's psyche and soul
- The power of giving and receiving forgiveness from comrades, enemies, and the warrior's home culture
- The archetypal vision of the complete warrior's life path
- Using the creative arts to express the truth of the warrior
- More than seven hours of historical perspectives, inspirational stories, and prayers, as well as practical guidance on the unique journey of the warrior from renowned scholar Dr. Edward Tick
|Contents||6 CDs (5 hours, 46 minutes)||Audio Download (5 hours, 46 minutes)|
|Filetypes||MP3, ZIP, PDF|
|Dimensions||6 7/8 x 6 5/8 inches|
100% Sounds True GuaranteeWe stand by our products. Learn more
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
We unconditionally guarantee your satisfaction with all Sounds True download and physical products for one year when purchased via our website. If a Sounds True product fails to meet your expectations for any reason, simply contact Sounds True Customer Service for a full refund. For items purchased from Sounds True that are manufactured by other companies, we indicate the refund period in the product description.
Please note: Due to credit card fraud protection policies, refund requests over 120 days from purchase date will be refunded via a paper check (in US dollars) and mailed to the billing address on file or applied as a credit on account.
All downloadable audio and video titles are also covered by a one year guarantee.
We'll keep you up-to-date on new books and courses, free teachings, podcasts, exclusive discounts, and more.