100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
We unconditionally guarantee your satisfaction with all Sounds True products for one year when purchased via our website or catalog. If a Sounds True product fails to meet your expectations—for any reason—simply return it with receipt for a full refund. For items purchased from Sounds True that are manufactured by other companies, we indicate the warranty period in the product description.
Please note: Refund requests over 120 days from the purchase date will receive a check, as funds cannot be returned to the credit card due to fraud protection policies.
All downloadable audio and video titles are also covered by a one-year guarantee.
Want to buy the CE credits only?
If you already purchased this title, you can purchase the CE credits separately.
NOTE: CE credits are available for US customers only.
As veterans from a new generation come back from overseas, our culture’s lack of resources for returning warriors has become a greater problem than ever. “Lifelong suffering after war is not inevitable,” says Dr. Edward Tick. “But in our culture, we have unwittingly forced our veterans to carry the moral and social of burdens of warfare alone.” On Restoring the Warrior’s Soul, Dr. Tick offers tools for healing and guidance to help veterans cope with the life-changing effects of combat and find a new sense of peace and purpose.
Practical Wisdom for Healing the Wounds of War
What we call PTSD is just the latest name for a phenomenon warriors have dealt with since the dawn of time. Dr. Tick explores both the visible and invisible wounding of war, then draws upon both ancient and modern sources to show us a path for transformation, wholeness, and wisdom. In these six audio sessions, he outlines a road map for the returning warrior to find a new and honorable role in society, and carry forth their service into civilian life.
The warrior’s journey touches us all—from those who serve to their families, neighbors, caregivers, and coworkers. “In a healthy society,” say Dr. Tick, “each of us must understand our own role in the sacred contract between warriors and the culture they protect.” With Restoring the Warrior’s Soul, Dr. Tick provides invaluable guidance to everyone touched by war so we can create a culture that values our returning warriors with respect, dignity, and love.
- Why PTSD does not have to be a life-long disabling wound
- The Soldier’s Heart—embracing the grief and heartbreak of war as proof of our fundamental humanity
- The spirituality of the warrior—how experience on the battlefield shapes our relationship with the divine
- Inspirational examples of healthy warrior-civilian relationships from indigenous cultures
- The warrior’s story—how to create a welcoming environment for veterans to share their experiences and wisdom
- How post-traumatic stress can be a portal to growth
- Essential steps for healing the disturbed relationship between our society and our warriors
- Effective catharsis—guidance for cleansing the warrior’s psyche and soul
- The power of giving and receiving forgiveness from comrades, enemies, and the warrior’s home culture
- The archetypal vision of the complete warrior’s life path
- Using the creative arts to express the truth of the warrior
- More than seven hours of historical perspectives, inspirational stories, and prayers, as well as practical guidance on the unique journey of the warrior from renowned scholar Dr. Edward Tick
|Contents||6 CDs (5 hours, 46 minutes)|
|Dimensions||6 7/8 x 6 5/8 inches|
|Contents||1 Audio Download (5 hours, 46 minutes)|
|Filetypes||M4B, MP3, MP3 ZIP, PDF|