“Rewilding is a return to our essential nature. It is an attempt to reclaim something of what we were before we used words like ‘civilized’ to define ourselves.” —Micah Mortali
In his long-awaited book Rewilding, Kripalu director Micah Mortali brings together yoga, mindfulness, wilderness training, and ancestral skills to create a unique guide for reigniting your primal energy—your undomesticated true self—and deepening your connection with the living earth.
For hundreds of thousands of years, humans lived intimately with the earth. We were in the wild and of the wild. Today, we live mostly urban lives—and our vital wildness has gone dormant. As a result, we’re more isolated, unhealthy, anxious, and depressed than ever, and our planet has suffered alongside us.
With Rewilding, Mortali invites us to shed the effects of over-civilization and explore an inner wisdom that is primal, ancient, and profound. Whether you live in the middle of a city or alongside the woods, the insights and practices on these pages will bring you home to your wild, wise, and alive self.
- Practice-rich content—mindfulness exercises, guided meditations, yoga and pranayama, inward sensing, forest bathing, and much more
- The “life-force deficit”—explore how our separation from nature affects us physiologically and spiritually
- Ancestral skills—such as tracking, foraging, building fires, and finding shelter
- Develop a sense of calm, clarity, connection, and confidence in both your daily life and the great outdoors
- What you can learn from nature’s teachers—lessons from mountains, rivers, trees, and our animal kin
- Rewild in the wild—guidelines around safety, preparedness, appropriate gear, and packing lists
- A mindful rewilding flow—put everything together in an immersive, step-by-step rewilding experience
- Awaken your authentic spiritual connection with the natural world as you come home to your true self
- Understand the relationship between our health and the health of our planet—and how we can begin to heal both
Part celebration of the natural world, part spiritual memoir, and part how-to guide, Rewilding is a must-read for anyone who wants to embrace their wild nature and essential place in the living earth. is a must-read for anyone who wants to embrace their wild nature and essential place in the living earth.
|Contents||Paperback Book (240 pages)||eBook (240 pages)|
|Dimensions||6 x 9 Inches|
100% Sounds True GuaranteeWe stand by our products. Learn more
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
We unconditionally guarantee your satisfaction with all Sounds True digital audio and video products and physical products for one year when purchased via our website. If a Sounds True product fails to meet your expectations for any reason, simply contact Sounds True Customer Service for a full refund. For items purchased from Sounds True that are manufactured by other companies, we indicate the refund period in the product description.
Please note: Due to credit card fraud protection policies, refund requests over 120 days from purchase date will be refunded via a paper check (in US dollars) and mailed to the billing address on file or applied as a credit on account.
All digital audio and video titles are also covered by a one year guarantee.
We'll keep you up-to-date on new books and courses, free teachings, podcasts, exclusive discounts, and more