Too often we look back at the end of the week and are frustrated that we didn’t make progress on our soul-deep dreams and goals that seem to remain eternally out of reach. Start Finishing presents a nine-step method for success—including identifying your genius, building a success pack of supporters, navigating multiple projects, and overcoming the challenges that come with doing work that matters. Features contributions from Seth Godin, Susan Piver, Jonathan Fields, James Clear, and more.
Awards for Start Finishing:
- Publishers Weekly Fall 2019 Top 10 Business and Economics Books
- Book Authority Best New Book in (the categories of) Time Management, Success, Productivity, and Goal Setting
- Kirkus Reviews Top Indie Book
- Montaigne Medal Finalist
- Independent Publisher Book Award 2020: Silver Award for Business/Careers/Sales
- Eric Hoffer Book Award 2020: Grand Prize
Productivity Meets Purpose—Discover a Powerful Nine-Step Method to Start Finishing the Work That Matters Most
How much of your time and attention lately has been focused on things that truly matter to you?
Most people's honest answer is: not enough.
Everyone is buried by busywork, responsibility, distraction, and fatigue.
The joy-producing, difference-making ideas are waiting for when the time is right, when the current project is over, when they have a little more money, when the kids are grown, or when they get a more understanding boss. They are waiting for someday.
The trouble is someday never comes on its own.
Start Finishing presents a nine-step method for converting an idea into a project by addressing the challenges you'll face and getting the project on a reality-based schedule.
This critically acclaimed book will teach you how to:
- Practice the five keys that lead to self-mastery
- Build your success pack of supporters, guides, peers, and beneficiaries
- Keep working through the thrashing that comes with any project that matters to you
- Chunk, link, and sequence your ideas down to doable parts
- Use the Five Project Rule to prioritize your daily schedule and be at peace with the work you choose not to do
- Fly through drag points—how to deal with head trash, no-win scenarios, and other people’s priorities
- Heatmap your schedule so you do the right work at the right time
- Overcome cascades, logjams, and tarpits—the three ways projects routinely get stuck
- Finish strong—celebrate, review, and ride the momentum to your next goal
You are not incapable, wired to struggle, or fated to be unable to get your act together. With a few key steps, you can change the way you show up, how you plan, and how you respond when things get tough.
You can Start Finishing the work that matters most to you.
Includes original contributions from Seth Godin, Susan Piver, Jonathan Fields, James Clear, and many other teachers.
|Hardcover Book||Paperback Book||eBook|
|Contents||Hardcover Book (272 pages)||Paperback Book (272 pages)||eBook (272 pages)|
|Dimensions||7 1/2 x 9 Inches||6 x 9 inches|
100% Sounds True GuaranteeWe stand by our products. Learn more
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
We unconditionally guarantee your satisfaction with all Sounds True digital audio and video products and physical products for one year when purchased via our website. If a Sounds True product fails to meet your expectations for any reason, simply contact Sounds True Customer Service for a full refund. For items purchased from Sounds True that are manufactured by other companies, we indicate the refund period in the product description.
Please note: Due to credit card fraud protection policies, refund requests over 120 days from purchase date will be refunded via a paper check (in US dollars) and mailed to the billing address on file or applied as a credit on account.
All digital audio and video titles are also covered by a one year guarantee.
We'll keep you up-to-date on new books and courses, free teachings, podcasts, exclusive discounts, and more