100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
We unconditionally guarantee your satisfaction with all Sounds True products for one year when purchased via our website or catalog. If a Sounds True product fails to meet your expectations—for any reason—simply return it with receipt for a full refund. For items purchased from Sounds True that are manufactured by other companies, we indicate the warranty period in the product description.
Please note: Refund requests over 120 days from the purchase date will receive a check, as funds cannot be returned to the credit card due to fraud protection policies.
All downloadable audio and video titles are also covered by a one-year guarantee.
The Official Home Training in MBSR from the Center for Mindfulness in Medicine, Health Care, and Society
In 1979, Jon Kabat-Zinn founded the Stress Reduction Clinic at the University of Massachusetts Medical Center to integrate meditation into the medical mainstream. His approach became known as Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)—a powerful, effective way to reduce physical and mental suffering by cultivating the capacity for greater health, balance, ease, and peace of mind.
Discover a Scientifically Researched Practice for Learning, Growing, and Healing
The MBSR Home Study Course is a comprehensive immersion in the same well-respected method taught at the UMass Center for Mindfulness in Medicine, Health Care, and Society. Taught by two senior MBSR teachers, this course offers systematic training and tools to enhance your health and well-being through a deep, experiential understanding of the mind-body connection. In this eight-week program, you’ll learn to understand and moderate your reactivity to stressful situations, reduce the impact of long-term stress and trauma, cope more effectively with physical pain and discomfort, and increase your overall sense of vitality and enthusiasm for life.
Mindfulness is a way of learning to relate directly to whatever is happening in your life. This starts with cultivating present-moment attention in an open, nonjudgmental way. MBSR is a nonsectarian, scientifically researched approach that is in harmony with any faith-based tradition. The MBSR Home Study Course brings you a complete training in mindfulness meditation and its integration into the challenges and adventures of everyday life
- Learn the same, well-respected method developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn—taught by longtime Center for Mindfulness teachers Dr. Saki Santorelli and Florence Meleo-Meyer
- Reduce stress at work or at home by learning a wide range of skills that increase resilience and heighten your capacity to effectively meet your life challenges
- Enhance well-being and manage symptoms associated with medical and psychological conditions like chronic pain, fatigue, insomnia, persistent headaches, anxiety, and panic
- Support your preventive care efforts
- Cultivate a sense of greater ease, equanimity, and connection to your inherent wholeness
Home Study Course
|Contents||7 CDs; 3 DVDs (7 hours 53 minutes); 1 Workbook (106 pages)|
|Dimensions||7 1/2 x 9 3/4|