The Science of Mindfulness and Self-Compassion
Learn the science of self-compassion and mindfulness to heal and build resilience
In the face of a setback or failure, is your first response to "get tough" on yourself? Do you worry that being too easy on yourself will make you "go soft"? In fact, over a decade of research shows that mindful self-compassion makes us stronger, not weaker. Together, mindfulness and self-compassion:
Reduce anxiety, depression, trauma symptoms, and chronic pain.
Make us more capable, connected with others, and, resilient.
Improve our health, personal relationships, and ability to achieve our aspirations.
In this immersive, seven-hour audio program—presented to an audience of psychotherapists, caregivers, teachers, and meditators—you'll join two pioneering researchers to explore:
- The science supporting the many benefits of mindfulness and self-compassion
- How to build kind awareness through meditations, physical gestures, and many other tested methods
- How to cultivate presence, ease, and courage
Taught with depth, humor, and an empathy for those in need, Shauna Shapiro and Kristin Neff weave surprising scientific insights, their own stories as dedicated mothers and researchers, and a wealth of guided practices to bring mindfulness and self-compassion into every area of our lives.
- Three ingredients of effective mindfulness: Intention, Attention, and Attitude
- Posture, movement, touch, and tone of voice—somatic tools to activate self-compassion
- Self-esteem versus self-compassion—crucial differences
- Working with a challenging client, parent, or child (and not burning out)
- Healing trauma—guidance for survivors and therapists
- How mindfulness and self-compassion foster secure attachment within ourselves
- Interconnectedness and inter-being—how self-compassion and mindfulness expand our empathy and sense of self—and many other topics
|Contents||7 CDs (7 hours, 12 minutes)||Digital Audio (7 hours, 12 minutes)|
|Dimensions||6 7/8 x 6 5/8 inches|
100% Sounds True GuaranteeWe stand by our products. Learn more
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
We unconditionally guarantee your satisfaction with all Sounds True digital audio and video products and physical products for one year when purchased via our website. If a Sounds True product fails to meet your expectations for any reason, simply contact Sounds True Customer Service for a full refund. For items purchased from Sounds True that are manufactured by other companies, we indicate the refund period in the product description.
Please note: Due to credit card fraud protection policies, refund requests over 120 days from purchase date will be refunded via a paper check (in US dollars) and mailed to the billing address on file or applied as a credit on account.
All digital audio and video titles are also covered by a one year guarantee.
We'll keep you up-to-date on new books and courses, free teachings, podcasts, exclusive discounts, and more