Narrated by Jarrod Davis
Despite being one of the most elemental parts of ourselves, emotions can be confused and unnerving as they arise. In Emotional Intimacy, renowned therapist Robert Augustus Masters will show you how to manage anger, experience new depths of feeling, heal old wounds, and much more. An unabridged audiobook.
“In Emotional Intimacy, Robert Masters offers a primer on emotions—from the most primary to the most subtle. Whether you are currently in a relationship or wish to be in one, this is a very worthwhile book to pick up and select a chapter from which to taste, digest, transform, and heal. As a couples’ therapist, I will definitely recommend this book to my clients.” —Stan Tatkin, PsyD, MFT, author of Wired for Love
Emotions link our feelings, thoughts, and conditioning at multiple levels—and yet they may remain a largely untapped source of strength, freedom, and connection. The capacity to be intimate with all our emotions, teaches Robert Augustus Masters, is essential for creating fulfilling relationships and living with awareness, love, and integrity. With Emotional Intimacy, this respected therapist and author invites us to explore:
- How to deepen our emotional literacy and become intimate with all our emotions
- The nature of emotional disconnection and what to do about it
- How to identify our emotions, fully experience them, and skillfully express them
- Illuminating, resolving, and healing old emotional wounds
- Gender differences in emotional intimacy and expression
- Steps for bringing greater emotional intimacy and depth into our relationships
- In-depth guidance for those facing depression, anxiety, and shame
- Why “blowing off steam” may make us feel worse, and the nature of healthy catharsis
- The difference between anger and aggression, shame and guilt, jealousy and envy
- Individual chapters for fully engaging with fear, anger, joy, jealousy, shame, grief, guilt, awe, and the full spectrum of our emotions
There are no negative or unwholesome emotions—only negative or harmful things we do with them. Through real-life examples, exercises, and an abundance of key insights, Masters provides a lucid guide for reclaiming our emotions, relating to them skillfully, and turning them into allies—to enrich and deepen our lives.
|Digital Audio (11 hours, 17 minutes)
100% Sounds True GuaranteeWe stand by our products. Learn more
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
We unconditionally guarantee your satisfaction with all Sounds True digital audio and video products and physical products for one year when purchased via our website. If a Sounds True product fails to meet your expectations for any reason, simply contact Sounds True Customer Service for a full refund. For items purchased from Sounds True that are manufactured by other companies, we indicate the refund period in the product description.
Please note: Due to credit card fraud protection policies, refund requests over 120 days from purchase date will be refunded via a paper check (in US dollars) and mailed to the billing address on file or applied as a credit on account.
All digital audio and video titles are also covered by a one year guarantee.
We'll keep you up-to-date on new books and courses, free teachings, podcasts, exclusive discounts, and more