Two Master Teachers Illuminate the Mysteries of Karma
- Discuss karma on the level of the individual, relationships, and the community and world at large
- Examine the most common questions of Western students on the subject of karma such as, "What is karma?" Is it superstition?" "Do you have to believe in reincarnation to understand it?" and, "How do I get rid of 'bad' karma?"
- Define Karma through exploring the roots of positive and negative karma, how your “good heart” will shape this life and the next, service versus self-attachment, and much more
- Recognize how a mature view of karma empowers us to steer our lives through conscious choice rather than conditioned behaviors
- Discuss how Karma gives us a guiding light for living life at the level of cause, not effect, with responsibility and compassion
Of the many Eastern wisdom teachings to have found their way westward, the notion of karma may be the most misunderstood—and most transformative. American-born teacher Pema Chödrön is renowned for making the wisdom of Tibetan Buddhism accessible, practical, and relevant for Westerners from all walks of life. But to bring us an understanding of the fundamental concept of karma, Ani Pema called on one of her own guides. On Karma, she is joined by Dzigar Kongtrül Rinpoche to present a two-part teaching session on this challenging subject.
What is karma? Is it superstition? Do you have to believe in reincarnation to understand it? How do I get rid of “bad” karma? In a dialogue both illuminating and provocative, Pema and Kongtrül Rinpoche address the most common questions of Western students, discussing karma on the level of the individual, relationships, and the community and world at large. Session two then brings us an inspirational dharma talk with Dzigar Kongtrül Rinpoche, exploring the roots of positive and negative karma, how your “good heart” will shape this life and the next, service versus self-attachment, and much more.
A mature view of karma empowers us to steer our lives through conscious choice rather than conditioned behaviors. Karma gives us a guiding light for living life at the level of cause, not effect, with responsibility and compassion.
|Digital Audio (2 hours, 4 minutes)
100% Sounds True GuaranteeWe stand by our products. Learn more
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
We unconditionally guarantee your satisfaction with all Sounds True digital audio and video products and physical products for one year when purchased via our website. If a Sounds True product fails to meet your expectations for any reason, simply contact Sounds True Customer Service for a full refund. For items purchased from Sounds True that are manufactured by other companies, we indicate the refund period in the product description.
Please note: Due to credit card fraud protection policies, refund requests over 120 days from purchase date will be refunded via a paper check (in US dollars) and mailed to the billing address on file or applied as a credit on account.
All digital audio and video titles are also covered by a one year guarantee.
We'll keep you up-to-date on new books and courses, free teachings, podcasts, exclusive discounts, and more