Most of us are aware of how fear holds us back in our lives. With Releasing the Grip of Fear, renowned meditation teacher and psychologist Tara Brach offers an in-depth video training course to help you change the way you deal with fear—so you lower your defenses and can be open and caring in any moment.
- Apply mindfulness practices for transforming our relationship to fear
- Use the RAIN process to disrupt our reactive patterns and deepen our capacity to remain present with everything that arises
- Examine the ingredients of fear to determine what is real and what is illusory
- Discover who we are beyond the frightened and separate self
What You Will Receive:
More Than Six Hours of Video Learning
Dr. Tara Brach offers four 90-minute video sessions of insights, guided mindfulness practices, and answers to questions submitted by live attendees to help us transform our relationship to fear. There is also a special 45-minute bonus session of instruction and recorded Q&A with Tara Brach.
Complete Downloads of All Course Materials
The entire program of Releasing the Grip of Fear is yours to keep and enjoy as you deepen your capacity for living in presence.
From Fear to Freedom—A Practical Approach for Dealing with the Most Difficult Emotion
Most of us are aware of how fear holds us back in our lives. When we are in its grip—whether it’s daily anxiety or our most deeply rooted fears—we are unable to feel open-hearted or fully alive. “So often we try to cope with our fear by building a strong defense around our heart,” explains Tara Brach. “Yet our inner fortress separates us from intimacy with others and connection with our own creativity and vitality.” With Releasing the Grip of Fear, this renowned meditation teacher and psychologist offers an in-depth video training course to help you change the way you deal with fear—so that you can be open and caring in any moment, even in the face of difficult emotions.
Mindfulness Practices for Transforming Your Experience of Fear
Since the fears that imprison us arise from the past and anticipate the future, Tara Brach teaches us that the first step towards freedom is finding a place of refuge in the present moment. “If we can learn to simply be with what is going on right now,” Brach says, “we discover that what we fear is not actually here at all—rather, it’s a mental story that has taken on a physical and emotional life of its own.”
With Releasing the Grip of Fear, Tara Brach shares step-by-step instruction in scientifically validated mindfulness practices for transforming our relationship to fear. Using the acclaimed RAIN process, she shows how we can disrupt our reactive patterns that reinforce fear, cultivate a loving approach towards our anxieties, and deepen our capacity to remain present with everything that arises. In these video sessions, she offers guided practice and insights for:
- Stepping out of the “virtual reality” of our fearful stories and into the safety of the present moment
- Examining the ingredients of fear to discover what is real and what is illusory
- Releasing fear’s hold on us by releasing our resistance to the felt sense of fear
- Healing our fears with self-compassion and loving presence
- Inhabiting a space of connection, empathy, and enlarged belonging
- Discovering who we are beyond the frightened separate self
We can’t—and we don’t want to—magically make fear go away. But using gentle and self-empowering mindfulness practices, we can learn to stop fear from exerting such power over our everyday decisions and feelings. Even more, we can allow the fears that do arise to be a portal to increasing wisdom and compassion. With Releasing the Grip of Fear, Tara Brach teaches practical ways to disarm the defensive reactions that we build to protect ourselves from fear—so we may open ourselves to the fullness of all of life.