Stress-Proof Your Brain
Train Your Brain for Happiness and Freedom from Chronic Stress
Our brains have evolved powerful tools for coping with threats and danger—but in the face of modern stresses like information overload, money worries, and interpersonal conflicts, our survival reflexes can do more harm than good.
To help you adapt your nervous system to the challenges of today's world, neuropsychologist Dr. Rick Hanson presents Stress-Proof Your Brain. Join him to learn research-based techniques and meditations that will literally reshape your brain to make you more resilient, confident, and peaceful, including:
- How to replace your brain's unhealthy reactions to stress with protective and self-nurturing responses
- Techniques for using memory to soothe and release painful feelings of sadness, guilt, anxiety, inadequacy, or anger
- Guided meditations for calming chronic worries, developing gratitude, building inner strength, and more
- How to rewire your brain away from frustration, heartache, fear, and anger toward contentment, love, and peace
- List some qualities of the affiliating, approaching and avoiding systems
- Describe ways in which survival reflexes can do more harm than good
- Utilize practices that deepen the neurological capacity for happiness and wellness
- Practice guided exercises for calming chronic worries, developing gratitude, building inner strength
- Apply techniques that use memory to soothe and release painful feelings of sadness, guilt, anxiety, inadequacy, or anger
- Plan to use meditation to reshape your brain and be more resilient, confident, and peaceful
Modern brain research has helped us discover which contemplative practices have the most positive impact on our physical and mental health. With Stress-Proof Your Brain, Dr. Rick Hanson brings you scientifically sound tools for finding freedom from irritability, worry, and overwhelm—by deepening your neurological capacity for happiness and wellness.
|Contents||2 CDs (2 hours, 37 minutes)||Audio Download (2 hours, 37 minutes)|
|Filetypes||MP3, PDF, ZIP|
|Dimensions||5 x 5 inches|
100% Sounds True GuaranteeWe stand by our products. Learn more
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
We unconditionally guarantee your satisfaction with all Sounds True download and physical products for one year when purchased via our website. If a Sounds True product fails to meet your expectations for any reason, simply contact Sounds True Customer Service for a full refund. For items purchased from Sounds True that are manufactured by other companies, we indicate the refund period in the product description.
Please note: Due to credit card fraud protection policies, refund requests over 120 days from purchase date will be refunded via a paper check (in US dollars) and mailed to the billing address on file or applied as a credit on account.
All downloadable audio and video titles are also covered by a one year guarantee.
We'll keep you up-to-date on new books and courses, free teachings, podcasts, exclusive discounts, and more.