The Psychology of the Awakened Heart
Compassion, Love, and Joy—The Buddhist Psychology of Well-Being
The meditation practices passed down from the Buddha are beautiful, time-tested ways to awaken a compassionate, joyful, and loving heart. Buddhist psychology and research from modern neuroscience both show enormous benefits from using these methods as a regular practice or in conjunction with conventional therapy. With The Psychology of the Awakened Heart, master teacher Jack Kornfield invites mental health professionals and meditators alike to an eight-session online video course on the Buddhist psychology of well-being. Each session, Jack will present life-changing practices, wisdom teachings, and healing stories—offering a rich mix of practical and scientific information, as well as experiential exercises based on the timeless principles of Buddhist psychology.
Embodying both mindfulness practice and psychological insight, the teachings of the awakened heart will show us how to work with ourselves and others to keep the heart open especially in times of suffering, when we often shut down. You will learn techniques and practices to befriend and forgive ourselves and others; the personal and clinical benefits of the inner science of joy; how to practice the transformative art of forgiveness; ways to awaken the courage to be happy; and much more.
Join Jack Kornfield for eight sessions of powerful practices, heartfelt reminders, clear teachings, personal skill-building, and clinical tools, including:
- The Four Foundations of healthy living: love, compassion, joy, inner peace (equanimity)
- What modern neuroscience has shown to be benefits of these practices—healthier immune function, faster healing, improved brain and cell health
- Guidance for cultivating love and respect for yourself and others
- Awakening the heart of compassion—an act of courage, vulnerability, and the willingness to see deeply
- The practice of forgiveness—letting go of blame, recrimination, and the need to be right
- Understanding the mind’s role as story-creating engine—and how this faculty both helps and harms us
- The many forms of self-delusion and how we can awaken from them
- Guided practices for equanimity, peace, joy, and much more
See Return Policy
100% Sounds True GuaranteeWe stand by our products. Learn more
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
We unconditionally guarantee your satisfaction with all Sounds True download and physical products for one year when purchased via our website. If a Sounds True product fails to meet your expectations for any reason, simply contact Sounds True Customer Service for a full refund. For items purchased from Sounds True that are manufactured by other companies, we indicate the refund period in the product description.
Please note: Due to credit card fraud protection policies, refund requests over 120 days from purchase date will be refunded via a paper check (in US dollars) and mailed to the billing address on file or applied as a credit on account.
All downloadable audio and video titles are also covered by a one year guarantee.
We'll keep you up-to-date on new books and courses, free teachings, podcasts, exclusive discounts, and more.