100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
We unconditionally guarantee your satisfaction with all Sounds True products for one year when purchased via our website or catalog. If a Sounds True product fails to meet your expectations—for any reason—simply return it with receipt for a full refund. For items purchased from Sounds True that are manufactured by other companies, we indicate the warranty period in the product description.
Please note: Refund requests over 120 days from the purchase date will receive a check, as funds cannot be returned to the credit card due to fraud protection policies.
All downloadable audio and video titles are also covered by a one-year guarantee.
Compassion, Love, and Joy—The Buddhist Psychology of Well-Being
The meditation practices passed down from the Buddha are beautiful, time-tested ways to awaken a compassionate, joyful, and loving heart. Buddhist psychology and research from modern neuroscience both show enormous benefits from using these methods as a regular practice or in conjunction with conventional therapy. With The Psychology of the Awakened Heart, master teacher Jack Kornfield invites mental health professionals and meditators alike to an eight-session online video course on the Buddhist psychology of well-being. Each session, Jack will present life-changing practices, wisdom teachings, and healing stories—offering a rich mix of practical and scientific information, as well as experiential exercises based on the timeless principles of Buddhist psychology.
Embodying both mindfulness practice and psychological insight, the teachings of the awakened heart will show us how to work with ourselves and others to keep the heart open especially in times of suffering, when we often shut down. You will learn techniques and practices to befriend and forgive ourselves and others; the personal and clinical benefits of the inner science of joy; how to practice the transformative art of forgiveness; ways to awaken the courage to be happy; and much more.
Join Jack Kornfield for eight sessions of powerful practices, heartfelt reminders, clear teachings, personal skill-building, and clinical tools, including:
- The Four Foundations of healthy living: love, compassion, joy, inner peace (equanimity)
- What modern neuroscience has shown to be benefits of these practices—healthier immune function, faster healing, improved brain and cell health
- Guidance for cultivating love and respect for yourself and others
- Awakening the heart of compassion—an act of courage, vulnerability, and the willingness to see deeply
- The practice of forgiveness—letting go of blame, recrimination, and the need to be right
- Understanding the mind’s role as story-creating engine—and how this faculty both helps and harms us
- The many forms of self-delusion and how we can awaken from them
- Guided practices for equanimity, peace, joy, and much more
|Contents||Video downloads; Set of written course materials|
|Filetypes||MP4, MP3, AAC|