100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
We unconditionally guarantee your satisfaction with all Sounds True products for one year when purchased via our website or catalog. If a Sounds True product fails to meet your expectations—for any reason—simply return it with receipt for a full refund. For items purchased from Sounds True that are manufactured by other companies, we indicate the warranty period in the product description.
Please note: Refund requests over 120 days from the purchase date will receive a check, as funds cannot be returned to the credit card due to fraud protection policies.
All downloadable audio and video titles are also covered by a one-year guarantee.
Here is a book for finding your way as a warrior and adapting to a peaceful life at home. The techniques of yoga and meditation have extensive scientific support for their effectiveness in relaxing the stress response, sharpening mental acuity, boosting immunity and recovery time, and promoting a general sense of health and psychological well-being. In Yoga for Warriors, acclaimed teacher Beryl Bender Birch presents a beginner-friendly approach that she originally developed while working with civilians and first-responders in the aftermath of the 9/11 attacks. Adaptable for readers' individual needs, these step-by-step practices include:
- Basic Breathwork—learn the foundational skill of ujjayi breathing to get grounded, present, and in control
- Build Your Fire—yoga's traditional "sun salutations" to warm up the body while quieting the mind
- Power and Balance—standing postures to open up, stretch, and strengthen the joints and muscles
- Turning Inward—the practice of yoga nidra for a highly alert yet deeply peaceful state of mind that can lead to restorative sleep
- Powerful meditation techniques that help heal the body and balance energy
War leaves more than physical scars. Military servicemen and women bear invisible wounds—including PTS (Post-Traumatic Stress), TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury), MST (Military Sexual Trauma), anxiety, and depression—all just as real and painful. If you or someone you know are just entering military service, preparing for deployment, or returning home, Yoga for Warriors offers the tools for one of the most challenging of transitions.
|Contents||Paperback Book (247 pages)|
|Dimensions||5 x 5 inches|
|Contents||eBook (247 pages)|
|Filetypes||EPUB, PDF, MOBI|